Award Amount: Not known
Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States
The Walt Disney Company is pleased to offer the Disney Professional ManagementInternship. The program is open to graduating senior or master’s student (or recent graduate within 6 months) with a major in accounting who is at least 18 years of age and have a Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. To eligible, the Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Required Education
- ‘A’ or‘B’ in ACG 3141
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Graduating Senior or Master’s student (or recent graduate within 6 months) with a major in accounting
- Preferred Education: Working towards CPA
- Preferred Qualifications: Previous accounting work experience
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continuous employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- You Are:
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members, and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders, and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds, and styles.
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2018 through June 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicants can submit an online application through the given link: https://xjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&noback=0&partnerid=25348&siteid=5039&jobid=482463&AL=1&ss=paid#jobDetails=482463_5039
What You Bring to the Role:
- Minimum one year demonstrated leadership
- Minimum three months experience in Custodial, Front Office, Housekeeping, and/or Recreation environment
- Majoring in Hospitality, Business, Commercial Recreation or similar
- Recreation Only: Ability to complete and maintain CPO, Lifeguard, Aquatic Rescue Professional, and Aquatic Facilities Operator certifications.
- Knowledge of the lodging industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
- Resume (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- To upload these documents:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
- Select document type of “Transcript”
Housing: limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
Detailed Information Link: