Award Amount: Trustee Scholarship- $12,000 per year, Presidential Scholarship- $10,000 per year, Deans Scholarship- $8,000 per year.
Number of Awards: 3
Deadline: November 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Dominican University of California is now pleased to announce the three International Merit Scholarships, Trustee Scholarship, Presidential Scholarship, and Deans Scholarship.The scholarships are available for students who are pursuing undergraduate degree programme.In order to apply, all International applicants will submit 500-word typed Essay.
The Dominican University of California is a private, not-for-profit, coeducational university located in San Rafael, California. It was founded in 1890 as Dominican College by the Dominican Sisters of San Rafael. It is one of the oldest universities in California.
Minimum cumulative GPA requirements to maintain eligibility:
- Trustee Scholarship: minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Presidential Scholarship: minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
- Deans Scholarship: minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
- The student must earn at least 12 of their units attempted at the conclusion of the term, or if the student is not enrolled full-time, the student must earn at least 75% of their units attempted at the conclusion of the term.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants firstly create an account or direct log in through the link to apply for the scholarship: https://admissions.dominican.edu/apply/
A complete application includes:
- 500-word typed Essay as described in the application on one of the following topics:
- Describe a family, cultural, or personal tradition that is meaningful to you. Explain why?
- If you could spend a day with anyone (living, deceased or imaginary), who would it be and why?
- Required for all Nursing and Health Science (Pre-OT) applicants: Tell us why you would like to major in nursing or occupational therapy and what contributions you see yourself making to the profession. Please include any past work (paid or volunteer) experience in health care, education or social services.
- Updated, official high school transcript (six semesters minimum)
- One recommendation from school faculty, administrator, and/or a counselor
- Applicants who have been out of school for more than two years may submit a letter of recommendation from a professional colleague.
- Official Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) scores.
The Dominican University of California will provide three awards: Trustee Scholarship- $12,000 per year, Presidential Scholarship- $10,000 per year, Deans Scholarship- $8,000 per year.
Detailed Information Link: