Drexel University is a private research university provides a comprehensive graduate education that includes research opportunities. Founded in 1891, Drexel operates a cooperative education program, sending students to more than 1,600 employees worldwide for six months at a time. Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America’s 15 largest private universities.
“Drexel University fulfills their founder’s vision of preparing each new generation of students for productive professional and civic lives while also focusing our collective expertise on solving society’s greatest problems.
Drexel is an academically comprehensive and globally engaged urban research university, dedicated:
- To advancing knowledge and society and,
- To provide every student with a valuable, rigorous, experiential, technology-infused education, enriched by the nation’s premier cooperative education program.”
Drexel will be the Philadelphia region’s leading university excelling in high-quality experiential education, online learning, translational research, technology transfer and business incubation, and urban revitalization.
Drexel University Ranking
- Drexel University’s ranking in Best Colleges is 94 National Universities.
- The student-faculty ratio at Drexel University is 10:1, and the school has 57.2 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students.
- The most popular majors at Drexel University include Health Professions and Related Programs, Engineering, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Visual and Performing Arts, and Biological and Biomedical Sciences.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 13,251, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 96 acres.
- Drexel is one of Philadelphia’s top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region.
- Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University offers a number of student services, including nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, health service, health insurance. Drexel University also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc).
Drexel University Programs
- Arts and Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering, Science, and Health Systems
- Computing and Informatics
- Food and Hospitality Management
- Medicine (MD, Biomedical Graduate Studies, and Professional Studies Programs)
- Nursing and Health Professions
- Professional Studies
- Sport Management
- Public Health etc.
Cost & Financial Aid
At Drexel University, 57 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $26,121.
- Center for Mobilities Research & Policy
- Center for Public Policy
- Center for Science, Technology & Society
- Center for Weight, Eating and Lifestyle Science (WELL Center)
- Drexel University has a total undergraduate enrollment of 13,251, with a gender distribution of 51 percent male students and 49 percent female students.
- At this school, 20 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated or -affiliated housing and 80 percent of students live off campus.
Drexel University Departments
- Biodiversity, Earth & Environmental Science
- Criminology & Justice Studies
- English & Philosophy
- Global Studies & Modern Languages
- Address: 3141 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
- Phone: +1 215-895-2000
- Website: http://drexel.edu/
You can also join our facebook page for latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/