Award Amount: Recipients will join peers from across the country on a July 2018 journey to Berlin, Germany
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: November 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: December 18th, 2017
EF Global Classroom Foundation is glad to announce a “Global Citizen Scholarship” opportunity for the student. This Global Citizen Scholarship is open to U.S. residents ages 13 or older at the time of entry who are current freshmen, sophomores, or juniors in high school. EF’s Global Citizen Scholarship gives you the opportunity to bring your innovative ideas to life, both abroad and at home.
Since the groundbreaking in September of 2016, a team of Japanese consultants has been assessing the site, processing plans and training local Nepalese workers in the building of technologically advanced structures at Shree Jalapa Devi. The technology being employed is called SRF – Super Reinforcement with Flexibility. It has taken a few months to put these plans into practice – as this technology is at the forefront of earthquake-resistant structural rebuilding.
Candidates for the program must demonstrate the following:
- Applicants must be U.S. residents ages 13 or older at the time of entry who are current freshmen, sophomores, or juniors in high school.
- Employees, directors, officers, and principals of EF Institute for Cultural Exchange, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, agents and members of their immediate families or households are not eligible to participate.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants can apply for the scholarship through the given link: http://2018globalcitizencampaign.hscampaigns.com/#enter-now\
- Recipients will join peers from across the country on a July 2018 journey to Berlin, Germany to explore the topic of the Influence of Technology on Society.
- EF reserves the right to adjust tour destinations and details as needed. In order to participate on the tour to Europe, all recipients must complete the EF Educational Tours application which includes a Release and Agreement.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to participate in a variety of pre/post tour activities to prepare for the scholarship experience.
- EF reserves the right to disqualify any recipient prior to the tour if they do not continue to exemplify the qualities of a Global Citizen or if, in EF’s sole discretion, their participation on the tour would no longer be appropriate.
- Travelers will be required to obtain their own travel documentation, including but not limited to a passport and any applicable visa.
Detailed Information Link: