Award Amount: Scholarship cover 50% of in or out-state tuition
Number of Awards: One (1)
Deadline: October 15th
Winner Announcement: Not Known
If you plan to enroll in East Tennessee State University (ETSU) then you have a great opportunity to apply for this International Students Academic Merit Scholarship. The scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree, Recipients must maintain full-time status. ETSU affirms the contributions of diverse people, cultures, and thought to intellectual, social, and economic development.
East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is a public university located in Johnson City, Tennessee. Although it is part of the Tennessee Board of Regents system of colleges and universities, the nation’s sixth largest system of public education, it is now governed by an institutional Board of Trustees as of May 2017.
To be considered, applicants must comply with all the following requirements:
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- An applicant must have a 3.0 GPA (high school, or college GPA, depending on if freshman, transfer, or graduate applicant)
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75-semester grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 semester GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from bachelors to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
- Apply for admission to ETSU before they can apply for the scholarship. Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to ETSU, however, a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed.( undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
Instructions for Applying:
Students must apply for admission to ETSU before applying for the scholarship by the given link:
The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only.
Detailed Information Link:
For questions, you can contact Ben Shupe: shupej-at-etsu.edu
East Tennessee State University
The Honors College
International Programs and Services
P.O. Box 70668
Johnson City, TN 37614 USA