Award Amount: $500 to $1000 range
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: Monday, 12 February 2018
Winner Announcement: Not known
The University of California, Berkeley is excited to announce the Ezera Research Fellowship.The program will support graduate students from African countries and as well as, it will provide funds from the endowment are assigned to the Center for African Studies.The program opportunity will be a help to aid student scholars at the graduate level concentrating studies.
Berkeley’s Center for African Studies was established in 1979 as an interdisciplinary research centre to support basic research and training of scholars. The Center is one of the primary centres for research and scholarship on Africa in the San Francisco Bay Area, in the University of California system.
Eligibility is given below:
- The Ezera Fellowship gives priority to graduate students from West Africa who show exceptional promise of advancing scholarship in African Studies in the social sciences, humanities, and public policy and who demonstrate strong leadership potential.
- Students from other African regions are eligible and are encouraged to apply.
- Students must have been accepted for admission at the University of California at Berkeley when they apply and must be enrolled before funds may be dispersed to them.
- The fellowship is not available to students who are permanent residents or citizens of the United States.
- A total of no more than two years of support will be provided to a recipient of this fellowship; applications for the second year of support will be considered de novo along with other applications for that year.
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply, you can sign up with CalNet Authentication Service through the given link is: https://auth.berkeley.edu/cas/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fafrica.berkeley.edu%2Frocca-ezera-fellowship
Ezera fund will be in the $500 to $1000 range. In making awards, the Center adheres to the cap on stipends set by the Graduate Division.
Detailed Information Link: