Award Amount: Varies
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: Friday, November 3, 2017
Winner Announcement: March 2017
The Firstmark Credit Union is pleased to announce the Frank Price Cunningham & Helen Shipman Cunningham Scholarship. The scholarship program will award to deserving college-bound students, and as well as high school seniors will each receive $1,000 to be used towards their college endeavors and aims to recognize recipients for their hard work and academic performance.
The Firstmark Credit Union (formerly San Antonio Teachers Credit Union) is a federally insured, state-chartered, member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative.It was founded by educators in 1932 and changed its name to the Firstmark Credit Union in October 2002.
To eligible, the candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a high school senior.
- Applicant must be in the top 15% of his/her graduating class.
- The applicant and/or parent/legal guardian must be a member in good standing of Firstmark Credit Union.
- The application must include the name and Credit Union member number of the person that qualifies the student applicant for scholarship eligibility.
- At least 20% of the scholarships awarded each year will be to scholarship applicants who plan to enter the teaching field.
- The scholarship must be used for the purpose of study at an academically accredited two- or four-year college or university.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can download the application go through the given link: https://www.firstmarkcu.org/info/other-forms/2017_18Cunningham_Scholarship_Application.pdf
To ensure accurate and timely processing of information submit ALL documents for each student as an individual packet secured with a paperclip.Students may include a personal resume highlighting activities.A complete packet for each individual student will consist of the following:
- Transcript of completed courses, Transcript of pending senior year courses.
- Test Scores: ACT or SAT I (may be included on transcript) evaluation from Counselor, evaluation from English Teacher,
Evaluation from Other Teacher
- Verification Form (page 4 – for Credit Unions, Clubs or Employer-based programs).
- Personal Narrative (200-400 words, typed or hand-printed)
- Adult Recommendation (adult, non-relative)
- Advanced Placement (AP) exam scores, if applicable
- Signatures of both Student and Parent or Legal Guardian (on page 3) Student Name printed on all pages submitted with application Additional essays, recommendations or documents as requested by scholarship
Applicants will submit your complete application and all supporting documents directly to
Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation
1250 NE Loop 410, Suite 810
San Antonio, Texas 78209-1539
The scholarship must be used for the purpose of study at an academically accredited two- or four-year college or university.
Detailed Information Link: