The Foundational Questions Institute styled FQXi is pleased to offer a contest program termed as “FQXi Essay Contest”. Anyone around the world can apply for this contest except foundation’s employees and consultants.
The Foundational Questions Institute, styled FQXi, is an organization that provides grants to “catalyze, support, and disseminate research on questions at the foundations of physics and cosmology.
- Award Amount: US$40,000
- Deadline: January 22, 2018
- Winner Announcement: May 1 to 8, 2018
This contest program is applicable for:
- Entries will be welcomed from any country, however, they must be written in English.
- The Contest is open to everybody except employees and consultants (including Contest judges) of the Sponsors (Fetzer Franklin Fund, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, Submit, and the Foundational Questions Institute) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and their family/household members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents).
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant must write and submit an essay to create an account or log in through the given link: https://fqxi.org/community/login
Eligible essays must comply with these guidelines:
- The body of the essay may not exceed 25,000 characters (not including spaces). To ensure your submission fits the character count, you can use their online character counter.
- The length of the body of the essay must not exceed 9 pages, including figures and equations, calculated based on a standard 8 ½ x 11-inch single-sided page with 1-inch margins.
- Color figures, as well as hyperlinks within the document, are acceptable.
- Although FQXi will accept essays from anyone anywhere, the essay must be submitted in English.
- The contest will be awarded a total of $40,000 the prizes include:
- First Prize: US$10,000
- Second Prize: US$5,000 each
- Third Prize: US$2,000 each
- Fourth Prize: US$1,000 each
- Judging Panel Discretionary Prizes: various amounts, not to exceed US$10,000 total
- First and Second Prize Winners will receive a nomination for FQXi Membership if the applicant is not already a Member.
Detailed Information Link: