The University of British Columbia is offering you a free online course named as AP® Psychology – Course 5: Health and Behavior. Learn about the relationship between stress and physical and mental health and the treatment of abnormal behavior, including psychological disorders. This psychology course is all about the relationship between health and behavior. You will examine stress as a concept and learn about its relation to health and psychological adjustment. This course is a Self Paced course.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 8-12 hours per week
- Subject: Science
- Institution: The University of British Columbia
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Self Paced
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Established in 1827, the University of Toronto has one of the strongest research and teaching faculties in North America, presenting top students at all levels with an intellectual environment unmatched in depth and breadth on any other Canadian campus
- Mission of University: The University of Toronto,s mission is to prepare future health leaders, contribute to our communities, and improve the health of individuals and populations through discovery, application, and communication of knowledge.
Anyone can learn this course
What Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Health behaviors as any activity undertaken for the purpose of preventing or detecting disease or for improving health and well being. Common ways of classifying different health behaviors (e.g., health enhancing, health-impairing) are examined.
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers are:
- Manager – Health Insurance Product
- Research manager
Get Extra Benefits
You can pursue a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($49). Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn. Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- an understanding of stress as a concept
- the relationship between stress and physical and mental health
- approaches to understanding and classifying abnormal behavior
- the various categories and types of mental disorders as defined in the diagnostic and statistical manual (DSM)
- the various approaches to the treatment of psychological disorders
Who Will You Learn With
- Steven J. Barnes: Steven is Instructor of Psychology at the University of British Columbia (UBC). He received his BSc., M.A., and Ph.D. in Psychology from UBC in 1997, 2000, and 2004, respectively.
You can refer these books:
- Health Behavior and Health Education by – Karen Glanz
- irrationality in health care by – Douglas E. Hough
- Importance of Course: You will understand the relationship between stress and physical and mental health and the various categories and types of mental disorders as defined in the diagnostic and statistical manual (DSM).
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: