The University of British Columbia is glad to announce you a free online course name as Business Foundations. This course is designed to give you the terminology, concepts, and frameworks necessary to understand businesses, to unpack their constituent parts, and to build your own tool-kit for strategy and decision-making. This course will start on September 26, 2017.
- Duration: 6-7 weeks
- Commitment: 3-5 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: The University of British Columbia
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on September 26, 2017
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Established in 1827, the University of Toronto has one of the strongest research and teaching faculties in North America, presenting top students at all levels with an intellectual environment unmatched in depth and breadth on any other Canadian campus
- Mission of University: The University of Toronto,s mission is to prepare future health leaders, contribute to our communities, and improve the health of individuals and populations through discovery, application, and communication of knowledge.
Anyone can learn this course
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: The course kicks off with core value propositions and moves through a business model framework, competition and macro environmental tools, theories of disruption, basic accounting literacy and concludes with an integrated look at business functions.
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers :
- Market Associate
- Senior Associate
- Operations Associate
Get Extra Benefits
You can pursue a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($150). Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn. Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- How to break a company down into its main components and activities
- How disruption happens in an industry
- The basics of industry competitive dynamics
- Basic financial statement literacy
- How different business functions work and integrate
Who Will You Learn With
Elicia Salzberg: Elicia is a popular lecturer in the law and business communications group at UBC Sauder. Prior to starting her teaching career, she was a lawyer at a national law firm where she worked with all types of companies, from start-ups to major international companies.
You can read this book:Foundations of Business by – William M. Pride
- Importance of Course: At the end, of the course, you will understand the basic financial statement literacy concepts and frameworks necessary to understand businesses, to unpack their constituent parts, and to build your own tool-kit for strategy and decision-making.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: