Monash University is glad to announce you a free online course named as Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance. Learn mindfulness techniques to reduce stress and improve your well-being and work/study performance in this free online course. In this online course, you’ll learn how to incorporate mindfulness practices into your life, to reduce stress and improve your personal and professional life. This course will start on October 2, 2017.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 3 hours per week
- Subject: Medicine and Health
- Institution: Monash University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on October 2, 2017
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Monash University is an Australian public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1958, it is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. Monash is a member of Australia’s Group of Eight, a coalition of Australia’s eight leading research Universities, a member of the ASAIHL, and is the only Australian member of the influential M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities, and National Academies.
- Mission of University: Monash Business School engages in the highest quality research and education to have a positive impact on a changing world. They pursue their mission by Recruiting talented staff and students and providing them with a responsive, relevant and challenging intellectual environment that supports academic.
- This course is for anyone because everyone can benefit from mindfulness. No previous experience of mindfulness is required. We will explain how mindfulness works, but above all, this is a practical course. We will ask you to explore different mindfulness techniques and reflect on your experience.
- This course is not designed to be therapeutic for significant health problems so if you have any concerns in this regard then it is recommended that you speak to a suitably qualified health practitioner.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Mindfulness is the psychological process of bringing one’s attention to experiences occurring in the present moment, which can be developed through the practice of meditation and other training.
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential career points are :
- Business Analyst
- Operational Risk Officer
Get Extra Benefits
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $69 (+ shipping) you’ll get:
- Unlimited Access: Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course. If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn
- Take the course at your own pace
- Refer to the material at any point in future
- A Certificate of Achievement: Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course. To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
- Prove your success when applying for jobs or course
- Celebrate your hard work
- Display on your LinkedIn or CV
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- The problem of unmindfulness
- Research on mindfulness
- Mindful stress reduction and managing emotions
- Improving work and study performance
- Mindfulness in memory and learning
- Cultivating self-compassion and emotional health
- Mindful communication
- Relationships and empathy
- Mindfulness as a way of life
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the causes of stress in your life
- Experiment with a range of mindfulness techniques
- Develop a range of mindfulness techniques that are effective in your life
- Evaluate the impact of a variety of mindfulness techniques
- Reflect on your experiences in a personal mindfulness journal
- Model a more mindful approach to work, study and life
Who Will You Learn With
- Prof. Craig Hassed: Associate Professor Craig Hassed is the coordinator of mindfulness programs at Monash. He teaches mindfulness nationally and internationally in health, educational, community and corporate settings.
- Richard Chambers: Richard is a clinical psychologist and internationally-recognized expert in mindfulness. Widely published in the field, he works with many educational, business, sporting and community organizations.
You can refer these books: Wellbeing and Mindfulness: Holistic Therapies to Balance the Mind, Body, and Spirit by – Jane Alexander
- Importance of Course: You will understand the range of mindfulness techniques that are effective in your life and identify the causes of stress in your life
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: