Award Amount: $16,250
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: January 10, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Are you wishing to study abroad? The Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) is happy to announce a scholarship program for those students who wish to study abroad. U.S. citizen or permanent resident or DACA students currently enrolled as undergraduates in U.S. universities/colleges who plan to study abroad during one or more academic semester can apply for the program.
FEA was established as a 501(c) (3) organization in 2010 to address the need for an independent study abroad scholarship provider. The mission of the Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) is to provide scholarships and ongoing support to students who are underrepresented among the US study abroad population.
This scholarship program is applicable for:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. (as of May 2015, they welcome applications from DACA students).
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S. (graduate students are not eligible).
- Study abroad program must be eligible for credit at the student’s educational institution.
- Study abroad program must include at least 4 weeks (30 days) in country/countries.
Instructions for Applying:
The candidates can apply through the given link to apply for the scholarship.
The Scholarship application is comprised of:
- Financial aid form (to be filled out by financial aid office, returned to student, and uploaded by student applicant)
- Recommendation letter (only 1, submitted by a professor or advisor)
- FEA awards scholarships of up to $10,000 for students who plan to study abroad for a full academic year (2018-2019).
- Scholarships awards of up to $5,000 for students who plan to study abroad during the fall (2018) or spring (2019) semester. Prorated by no. of weeks, minimum $1,250 (summer).
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions, you can email at fea-at-fundforeducationabroad.org.