Award Amount: $54,500
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: January 9, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Royal Horticultural Society is sponsoring two fellowship programs named as The Garden Club of America Fellowship and the Royal Horticultural Society Interchange Fellowships. The opportunities available to the fellows are unique in the horticultural field, and the network of past fellows is a lasting legacy. The purpose of the organization is to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening and restore, improve and protect the quality of the environment through educational programs and action in the fields of conservation and civic improvement.
The Garden Club of America is a nonprofit organization made up of around 18,000 club members and 200 local garden clubs around the United States. Founded in 1913, by Elizabeth Price Martin and Ernestine Abercrombie Goodman, it promotes the recording and enjoyment of American gardens as well as conservation and horticulture.
This fellowship program is applicable for:
- The RHS Interchange Fellowship is open to a single, unaccompanied American college graduate who has earned a BA or BS degree in horticulture, landscape architecture, or a related degree.
- Selected finalists are required to attend an interview at their own expense and will be notified of the time and place.
- The GCA Interchange Fellowship is open to a British university graduate with a degree in horticulture, landscape architecture, botany or environmental studies, or to a British student horticulturist with a recognized horticultural qualification.
Instructions for Applying:
- British scholars to the US may check the given link to apply: https://www.rhs.org.uk/education-learning/bursaries-grants/other-grants/rhs-and-gca-interchange-fellowship
- American scholars to the UK may check the given link to apply: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51585675597979
- The Interchange Fellowship provides for a 10-month course of study in the United Kingdom.
- The GCA pays for a round-trip ticket to the UK, for the visa applications, and provides additional $6,000 for personal expenses.
- The RHS Interchange Fellowship reimburses up to 12,000 GBP for the costs of transportation, housing, food and personal expenses for one American student to spend ten months working and studying at leading horticultural centers or historic and botanic gardens in the UK, gaining valuable exposure to British horticultural techniques and developing contacts with the wealth of experience that the RHS has established British horticulture.
- The GCA Interchange Fellowship provides up to US 36,500.00 for a British recipient to attend a graduate program in horticulture, landscape architecture, or environmental studies at a US university for one academic year or for a one-year internship at Longwood Gardens in the US. Financial support for the internship is shared among Longwood Gardens, The Garden Club of America, and the Royal Horticultural Society.
Detailed Information Link:
Have any question you can contact The Garden Club of America, Attn: Scholarship Applications, 14 East 60th Street, New York, NY 10022-1006. Phone: 212-753-8287 / email: scholarshipapplications-at-gcamerica.org