Award Amount: $1000–$3,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: January 15, 2018.
Winner Announcement: May 15.
The University of Oregon is inviting the applications for the General University Scholarship Program. The program is open to undergraduate and graduate student who have 3.50 cumulative GPA, and law students who have 3.25 cumulative GPA. The aim of the program is to reward and encourage excellence of students.
Founded in 1876, The University of Oregon is a public flagship research university in Eugene, Oregon. It is organized into five colleges and seven professional schools and a graduate school. Furthermore, UO offers 316 undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- The undergraduate and graduate students must have a 3.50 cumulative GPA
- The law students must have 25 cumulative GPA
- Incoming freshmen are automatically considered for General University Scholarships by completing the undergraduate admission application
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant can submit an online application through the given link: https://financialaid.uoregon.edu/scholarships#apply
- Freshmen: Incoming freshmen are automatically considered for General University Scholarships by completing the undergraduate admission application by January 15, 2018. http://admissions.uoregon.edu/index.php?q=apply
- No separate General University Scholarship application is required for incoming freshmen.
All Non-Freshman Applicants
- Submit the General University Scholarship Application by February 20, 2018. In addition to the online application, all applicants must complete the following to receive full review:
- Request that an instructor or professor submit the letter of reference by February 23, 2018. (via the online application)
- If you are a transfer student, new graduate applicant, or a new law applicant you are also required to submit the following:
- An application for admission to the University of Oregon submitted by February 15, 2018
- Official transcripts and online recommendations must be received by the Office of Admissions by February 23, 2018. (Incoming graduate students will need to provide transcripts to the Office of Admissions even if they have already supplied them to their academic department)
The University of Oregon will provide individual awards ranged from $1000–$3,000. General University Scholarships are awarded for one year only. Students are encouraged to reapply each year.
Detailed Information Link: