Title: Graduate Students Internships
Salary Range: $20,000, $30,000,and $2,500
Application Deadline: November 1, 2017
The Getty Foundation is now offering in the four programs of the J. Paul Getty Trust—the J. Paul Getty Museum, the Getty Research Institute, the Getty Conservation Institute, and the Getty Foundation, as well as in Getty Publications. The program is open to graduate student who intends to pursue careers in fields related to the visual arts. Training and work experience placements are available in areas such as curatorial, education, conservation, research, publications, information management, public programs, and grant making.
The Getty Foundation (initially called the Getty Grant Program) was established in 1984 in the belief that philanthropy is a key ingredient in carrying out the mission of the J. Paul Getty Trust. It is supporting individuals and institutions committed to advancing the greater understanding and preservation of the visual arts in Los Angeles and throughout the world.
Internships are open to students of all nationalities
- Students currently enrolled in a graduate program (Masters or Doctorate) in a field relevant to the internship(s) for which they are applying or individuals.
- Who have completed a relevant graduate degree on or after January 1, 2015, with postgraduate activities in their field, paid or unpaid.
.How to Apply:
To apply for a scholarship you must Create or update your account and password, log in, and begin a new application in through the given link:
As part of the application, you will need to prepare the following materials:
- Personal Statement: Your Personal Statement should consist of no more than 500 words (two double-spaced pages) that explain how your Getty internship selections (choose two in order of preference) fit with your background and career goals. Include the reasons for your choice of specific departments or programs for an internship. Also, describe what you hope to achieve from the experience and what you believe you can contribute.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae:Current resumes are required for all applicants. Please limit resumes to five pages.
- Transcript(s)/Academic Records:We require transcripts/academic records for undergraduate degree/s (completed) and graduate degree/s (completed or in progress). Multiple transcripts must be combined into a single PDF before upload.
- If you graduated from a school outside of the United States, transcripts may be substituted with proof of completed courses and/or copies of diplomas.
- If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program, provide proof of current enrollment.
- Letters of Recommendation (2): Applicants must request two confidential letters of recommendation submitted directly by their recommenders through the application system.
- Grant amounts are $20,000 for eight months and $30,000 for twelve months, plus $1,000 towards relocation expenses.
- Support for research travel is available for up to $2,500.
If you have any questions or additional query, send an email to grantsadmin-at-getty.edu.