Award Amount: $55,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: October 2, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Getty Foundation would like to announce a fellowship program named as “Getty Pre- and Postdoctoral Fellowships”. Applicants must have advanced to candidacy by the time of the fellowship start date and should expect to complete their dissertations during the fellowship period. The nine-month fellowships are aimed at supporting post-doctoral students based at German institutions who have finished their Ph.D. between one and no more than five years ago.
The Getty Foundation, based in Los Angeles, California at the Getty Center, awards grants for “the understanding and preservation of the visual arts”. In the past, it funded the Getty Leadership Institute for “current and future museum leaders”, which is now at Claremont Graduate University. Its budget for 2006-07 was $27.8 million. It is part of the J. Paul Getty Trust.
All scholarship applicants must be:
- Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships are welcome from scholars of all nationalities.
- Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships.
- Applicants must have advanced to candidacy by the time of the fellowship start date and should expect to complete their dissertations during the fellowship period.
- To be eligible to apply for the 2018-2019 scholar year, Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants should not have received their degree earlier than 2013.
- Successful Predoctoral Fellowship applicants who are awarded their degree after the application deadline but before the fellowship begins, or who receive their doctorate while in residence, automatically become Postdoctoral Fellows.
Instructions for Applying:
You can apply for Getty scholarship through the link if you are interested: https://getty.fluxx.io/user_sessions/new
- Two letters of recommendation
- Project Proposal
- Selected Bibliography
- Doctoral Dissertation Plan or Abstract
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing Sample and Confirmation letter
- Getty Predoctoral Fellows are in residence for nine months from late-September to late-June and receive a stipend of $25,000.
- Getty Postdoctoral Fellows are in residence for nine months from late-September to late-June and receive a stipend of $30,000.
- Both fellowships also provide a workspace at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa, an apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex, airfare to and from Los Angeles, and makes healthcare options available.
Detailed Information Link:
You can address inquiries to the following:
Attn: Pre- and Postdoctoral Fellowships
Phone: (310) 440-7374