Award Amount: $1,500 awards per semester
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: December 31, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The mission of the Good Samaritan Foundation (GSF) is to promote nursing as a career by providing scholarship funds directly to student nurses for their clinical nursing courses. That’s why the GSF is pleased to announce its Good Samaritan Foundation’s Scholarships named as BSN and post-baccalaureate Scholarships and LVN and A.D.N. Scholarships. The programs are open to those nursing students who are in good standing with their school of nursing.
The foundation’s goal is to alleviate the current severe shortage of nurses, not only in Houston and Texas but in the United States.In 1951, Reverend Clyde J. Verheyden founded what is now known as Good Samaritan Foundation. Since its inception, Good Samaritan Foundation has been focused on one ongoing mission: to increase the number of highly-trained and dedicated nurses “at the bedside” of Texas patients.
- To eligible for the both scholarships (BSN and post-baccalaureate Scholarships and LVN and A.D.N. Scholarships), Students must be in good standing with their school of nursing.
- Previous applicants must reapply each semester.
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarships, the applicant may submit the online application go through the given link: https://gsftx.academicworks.com/
- Provide a letter of intent
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of your unofficial transcript
- Color photo
- Professional resume
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Good Samaritan Foundation (GSF) will provide two scholarships as the following:
- BSN and post-baccalaureate Scholarships – $1000 per semester
- LVN and A.D.N. Scholarships – $500 per semester
The application deadlines are as the following:
- Spring- the application opens January 15 and ends Feb. 15, documentation deadline is May 31.
- Summer- the application opens June 15 and ends July 15, documentation deadline is Sep. 31.
- Fall- the application opens Sep. 15 and ends October 15, documentation deadline is Dec. 31.
Link for More Information: