Award Amount: $13,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: January 12, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Greater Seattle Business Association (GSBA) is pleased to announce the availability of “GSBA Awards Educational Scholarships” to LGBTQ and straight-ally students. In order to apply students should be enrolled in community colleges, four-year public or private colleges or universities, or vocational/technical/trade programs. The scholarship is intended to provide a significant support to you pursue your educational goals.
Established in 1981, the Greater Seattle Business Association (GSBA) is the world’s largest LGBT and allied chamber of commerce. We represent over 1,300 small business, corporate, and nonprofit members who share the values of promoting equality and diversity in the workplace.
Please see the basic entry requirements below
- To receive a GSBA Scholarship, you must be a Washington State resident.* However, since GSBA shares an application with the Pride Foundation, those residing in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington are encouraged to apply.
- Both GSBA and Pride Scholars may study at any college or university out of state.
- Preference is given to students who are self-identified LGBTQ, members of LGBTQ families, or straight allies who have been supportive of the LGBTQ community.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate a commitment to equality and human rights for all.
- Applicants must be pursuing post-secondary education.
- For applicants that have not received a GSBA Scholarship in the past, you must be working toward an undergraduate degree.
- For current or former GSBA Scholars, you may be working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Students should be enrolled in community colleges, four-year public or private colleges or universities, or vocational/technical/trade programs.
- Current college students and those individuals planning to enroll in a program next year are eligible as are current high school seniors.
- High school freshman, sophomores, or juniors are not eligible nor are individuals who are not planning to enroll in higher education next year.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply students must create a new account each scholarship cycle through the given link:
The award range of the scholarship is up to $13,000 annually.
Detailed Information Link:
If you need assistance for regarding scholarship, please contact the Scholarship Program at (206) 323-3318, (800) 735-7287, or via email at scholarships-at-pridefoundation.org.