Harbin Institute of Technology, established in 1920 is C9 League University and also a member of the University Alliance of the Silk Road. It is the first to enter the national “211 Project” and “985 Project” construction of a number of universities.
The institution is a famous institute of China and also a research university of China. After the founding of new China, Harbin Institute of Technology became the country to study the former Soviet Union higher education mode of running one of the two universities, then the school has been the focus of national construction.
The Harbin Institute of Technology was originally established in 1920 as the Harbin Sino-Russian School for Industry to educate railway engineers via a Russian method of instruction. Students could select from two majors at the time: Railway Construction or Electric Mechanic Engineering.
In 1977, the undergraduate programs reopened with graduate programs following in 1978 than in 1982 doctoral programs were offered for the first time. In 1984, HIT appeared in the list of 15 favorably built universities. That same year, HIT became one of the first 22 universities to establish a graduate school.
The goal and mission of Harbin Institute of Technology are to foster engineers for heavy industry sectors and teachers for universities of science and technology.
- The World Rank of Harbin Institute of Technology is 384.
- In 1954, HIT was established as one of six national key universities of China; the only one outside Beijing.
- In 1984, HIT became one of 15 national key universities of China.
- In 1996, the HIT was established as a first-class university under Project 211 (a project of National Key Universities initiated by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China).
- In 1998, HIT was among the first 9 universities to be invited to join the Project 985 Club (a Chinese higher education system that provides funding priority to selected universities).
- In 2012, HIT was listed in the Universities and Colleges Innovation Promotion Plan the most recent national advanced innovation alliance.
- In 2014, it has 21 Academic Ranking of World Universities in Engineering and Technology.
- In 2016, it has 7 ranks of Best Global Universities for Engineering.
- The Harbin Institute of Technology has 19 National Rank.
As one of the leading universities in China, HIT has historically been highly selective in its admissions process. In a typical admission cycle, only students who have attained the highest scores in the National Higher Education Entrance Examination are accepted into the undergraduate program.
The institute’s main building is a smaller version of the main building of the Lomonosov Moscow State University. The School of Architecture is located on No.66 of West Dazhi Street, near the Main Building. It originally belonged to HIT, however, when the HIT was divided into three institutes in 1959, it was used by the Harbin Architectural and Civil Engineering Institute.
After the integration of Harbin University of Architecture (formerly Harbin Architectural and Civil engineering Institute) into the HIT, the building was renamed the “Civil Building”, although it houses the school of architecture.
Studying at Harbin Institute of Technology:
Harbin Institute of Technology is organized into 20 full-time schools, which hold 73 undergraduate degree programs, 143 master programs, and 81 doctorate programs for students.
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctoral Programs
Harbin Institute of Technology: Subjects
- Arts & Humanities
- Engineering & technology
- Business & Economics
- Clinical, pre-clinical & health
- Student Services
- Housing Services
- Library Services
- Medical Services
- Address: 92 Xidazhi St, Nangang Qu, Haerbin Shi, Heilongjiang Sheng, China, 150001
- Phone: +86 451 8641 2114
- Website: http://www.hit.edu.cn/
You can also join our facebook page kindly go through the given link: