Award Amount: $10,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: February 1, 2018
Winner Announcement: April 2018
The Sunflower Initiative, Inc. is pleased to announce a scholarship program named as “the Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship”. The scholarship is open to women who are attending an undergraduate women’s college in the United States. The scholarship will provide a financial support to attend a woman’s college where her intellect and talents will be nurtured and where she will receive an education preparing her to participate fully in public life.
The Sunflower Initiative is a non-profit organization founded by women who have so valued their woman’s college experience that they want to help provide that opportunity for other women. It was created to honor the legacy of Randolph-Macon Woman’s College and seeks to embrace women from other women’s colleges who share their passion for the life-changing experience.
To eligible, the candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Women who have completed one semester of college or more are not eligible.
- Applicants should have an unweighted GPA of at least a 3.7 and either a composite SAT score of at least 1900 or 1350.
- Applicants have composite ACT score of at least 27 with no single ACT.
- International students should be able to arrange to take the SAT or ACT in their home countries.
- All women expecting to start their first full term of college as an undergraduate women’s college in the fall 2018 term are eligible to apply.
Instructions for Applying:
You can apply online for the given scholarship through the given link:
A complete application package should be completed online and will include the following components:
- An essay (which must be in PDF format) uploaded within the online application form.
- Uploading an optional resume, (which must also be in PDF format), within the online application form.
- Official high school or GED transcripts uploaded at our website by your high school counselor or registrar
- Official report of SAT (code 7230) or ACT (code 1715) scores sent to us electronically by the testing service or by your high school counselor or registrar.
- Three Confidential letters of recommendation on letterhead and in PDF format.
- You should request at least two of the letters from people who can comment on your academic qualifications (teachers and counselors)
The scholarship winner will get scholarship awards up to $10,000.
Detailed Information Link: