Award Amount: $30,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: February 6, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Truman Foundation is seeking applications for its scholarship program named as “The Harry S. Truman Scholarship”. This merit-based scholarship is given to college students who plan to pursue careers in government or elsewhere in public service. The Foundation has supported Truman Scholars in many fields of study, from agriculture, biology, engineering, technology, medicine, and environmental management and many more.
For forty years, the Truman Foundation has fulfilled the mission to support the potential of terrific young people from across the United States committed to public service, more than 3,000 so far.
This scholarship program is applicable for:
- A full-time junior-level student at a four-year institution pursuing a bachelor’s degree during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Nominated by the Truman Scholarship Faculty Representative at his or her institution.
- In the upper quarter of his or her class; and
- A United States citizen or the United States national from the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. Resident aliens (green card holders) are not eligible.
- Applicant has an extensive record of public and community service;
- Applicant has outstanding leadership potential and communication skills; and
- The applicant who is committed to a career in government or elsewhere in public service, as defined by the Foundation.
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply for the scholarship you may check the given link:
Applications must include:
- The application form and policy proposal.
- A nomination letter from your institution.
- Three additional letters of recommendation.
- A transcript.
Scholars who win this scholarship program will receive up to $30,000, is to go towards a graduate education.
Detailed Information Link: