Job/Position Title: Research Associate
Salary Range: $60,000
Application Deadline: October 15, 2017
Harvard Divinity School selects five candidates for full-time Research Associate and Visiting Faculty positions for its Women’s Studies in Religion Program each year. These positions are open to candidates with doctorates in the fields of religion and to those with primary competence in other humanities, social science, and public policy fields. Research Associates are required to be in full-time residence at Harvard Divinity School while carrying out their proposed research projects during the academic year.
Founded in 1973, WSRP was the first program to focus on the interdisciplinary study of women and religion. The Program’s goal is the production of new primary research addressing these issues and the dispersal of that information through courses, publications, and public programs.
This opportunity is open to doctorates in the fields of religion and to those with primary competence in other humanities, social science, and public policy fields who demonstrate a serious interest in religion and hold appropriate degrees in those fields.
How to Apply:
In order to apply, candidates will follow its steps:
- If you have a previous or current affiliation with Harvard University and an active HarvardKey, you may proceed directly to the WSRP online application and log in with your HarvardKey through the given link: https://www.pin1.harvard.edu/cas/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pin1.harvard.edu%2Fpin%2Fauthenticate%3F__authen_application%3DHDS_WSRPAPP
- If you do not have an active HarvardKey, you must create a log-on ID and password using the Harvard University XID system before beginning your application
The following documents are required and must be uploaded in Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF, or .txt format:
- A description of your proposed research project, not to exceed 1,250 words.
- The title and description of a women’s studies course related to your project, not to exceed one page.
- A description of your background in women’s studies, not to exceed 750 words.
- Curriculum vitae, not to exceed 10 pages.
- Writing sample, either a chapter or article, in electronic format.
- Two letters of recommendation are also required.
- Sample form
- Reasonable accommodation
All application materials, including the recommendation of the letter, must send in its email that is: wsrp-at-hds.harvard.edu
Harvard Divinity School will provide a salary up to $60,000. The appointment is full-time, lasting ten months, and includes health benefits and reimbursement of some expenses.
If you have any questions, you can direct contact at : 617.495.5705