Award Amount: Luce Scholars receive transportation, insurance, and a monthly stipend for the period of their participation
Number of Awards: One (1)
Deadline: October 11, 2017
Henry Luce Foundation is glad to announce its scholarship program named as “The Henry Luce Foundation’s Scholars Program”. Candidates must be U.S. citizens who would not have reached their 30th birthday by July 1st of the year they enter the program. The intent of the program is to provide an immersion experience in Asia for an outstanding group of young Americans who would not otherwise have the opportunity to come to know Asia intimately.
The Henry Luce Foundation was established in 1936 by Henry R. Luce, the co-founder, and editor-in-chief of Time Inc., to honor his parents who were missionary educators in China. The Foundation builds upon the vision and values of four generations of the Luce family: broadening knowledge and encouraging the highest standards of service and leadership.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens who would not have reached their 30th birthday by July 1st of the year they enter the program.
- Candidates must have earned at least a bachelor’s degree or reasonably expect to receive that degree by July 1st of the year they enter the program.
- Candidates must be in physical health that will not restrict them from working in a foreign environment.
- Candidates need not presently be on campus or formally affiliated with the nominating institution.
- They may be selected from graduating seniors, graduate or professional students currently at the nominating institution, from recent alumni, or others the nominating institution deems appropriate.
- Candidates, however, may have taken Asian language or Asia-focused courses on a U.S. campus (without majoring in Asian Studies).
Instructions for Applying:
You may apply for this scholarship through the given link: https://hluce.force.com/fgm_portal__CommunitySignupQuiz?id=a0n5000000A0ZxqAAF
- The program provides for a single ten-month professional placement in one country.
- Luce Scholars receive transportation, insurance, and a monthly stipend for the period of their participation sufficient to meet all normal expenses in Asia. Additional cost-of-living and housing allowances may be provided to participants in certain locations.
Detailed Information Link: