Award Amount: College tuition
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: December 4, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
New York State Higher Education Services Corporation is giving you a chance to apply for this “Current Excelsior Scholarship”. The program is designed for those students who have graduated from high school in the United States, earned a high school equivalency diploma, or passed a federally approved “Ability to Benefit” test. The scholarship is intended to help students and make available college tuition to achieve their education goal.
The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation in New York State’s student financial aid agency, helping people pay for college by providing more grant and scholarship awards than any other state in the nation.
Eligible applicants will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a resident of NYS and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the term.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Applicants must have graduated from high school in the United States, earned a high school equivalency diploma, or passed a federally approved “Ability to Benefit” test.
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and the statutory colleges at Cornell University and Alfred University.
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least 12 credits per term and complete at least 30 credits each year successively, applicable toward his or her degree program.
- Applicants must be in a non-default status on a student loan made under any NYS or federal education loan program or on the repayment of any NYS award.
- Applicants must be in compliance with the terms of the service conditions imposed by an NYS award that you have previously received.
Instructions for Applying:
You can apply online for the scholarship go through the given link:
The Excelsior Scholarship allows students to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any queries you can contact the Excelsior Scholarship Hotline at 888-697-4372 or send them an email at mailto:scholarships-at-hesc.ny.gov