Award Amount: $2000 each
Number of Awards: Three (3)
Deadline: October 30, 2017
Winner Announcement: November 16, 2017
There is unique and amazing opportunity to receive “The HIMSS NCA Scholarship” which is provided by Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) North America. If you have active enrollment in a DC-metro area accredited university fulfilling the requirements for health information or systems management related degree you can apply for the scholarship. The scholarship was established to provide financial assistance and recognition to students who are pursuing health information or systems management degrees and are interested in helping to shape the future of the profession.
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) North America, a business unit within HIMSS, positively transform health and healthcare through the best use of information technology in the United States and Canada. As a cause-based non-profit, HIMSS North America provides thought leadership, community building, professional development, public policy, and events.
To be considered, applicants must comply with all the following requirements:
- Active enrollment in a DC-metro area accredited university fulfilling the requirements for a health information or systems management related degree
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better
- Active Student membership with HIMSS. Member of local HIMSS-NCA Chapter
- Applicant must be willing to participate as a volunteer on at least one HIMSS-NCA committee for one (1) year. Information on the HIMSS NCA volunteer programs
- Meets or exceeds grade point of 3.0
- Quality of recommendations
- Quality of essay
- Professional achievements
- Membership/Participation in the HIMSS NCA chapter
Instructions for Applying:
If you are interested to apply for the scholarship program, you must check the given link:
All applicants must submit the following documents along with the application:
- Recent, official college transcripts, through the spring semester 2017
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a current school official – recommendations are heavily relied upon during the evaluation process.
- Applicants must write a short essay of no more than 500 words (2 pages) that addresses:
- Why have you chosen this field? (1/2 page)
- Why IM/IT is important to healthcare today? (1/2 page)
- A discussion of a major issue facing the healthcare community today and how IM/IT can address the issue. (1 page)
Please send completed application packages to:
c/o Maria Gaboury
2411 Hurst Street
Falls Church, VA 22043
You can also mail your completed application to Maria Gaboury (megaboury-at-gmail.com).
The scholarship program makes three awards of a minimum of $2000 each to one student in three separate degree programs.
Detailed Information Link: