Hitotsubashi University was established in 1920, is a national public university in Tokyo, Japan. It is the only university in Japan which specializes exclusively in the humanities and social sciences. Since its foundation, Hitotsubashi has been at the forefront of Japan’s innovation.
Hitotsubashi has strong relationships with overseas universities. There are about 590 international students and 450 researchers from abroad under academic exchange agreements with 83 universities and research institutions, including the University of Chicago, the University of Oxford and the University of California.
Hitotsubashi University began as the Commercial Training School established privately in the business district of Tokyo in 1875, about twenty years after Japan had emerged from two and a half centuries of national isolation. The founder of this institution was Arinori Mori, who was later to become the first Minister of Education and play a leading role in establishing the educational policy of the new government.
The mission of Hitotsubashi University is to create the intellectual and cultural property which will contribute to the building of free and peaceful political and economic societies in Japan and the world and to train those who will assume positions of leadership.
- Hitotsubashi University is considered as one of the most prestigious universities in Japan, consistently ranking amongst the top universities in Japanese university rankings. It is one of the highest ranked national universities that are not one of the National Seven Universities.
- The university was ranked 7th out of 181 major universities in 2011 in the ranking called “Truly strong universities by Toyo Keizai.
- The Weekly Diamond reported that Hitotsubashi has the 4th highest research standard in Japan in research funding per researcher in COE Program.
- The university has the seventh rank in quality of education by GP funds per student.
- Currently, three researchers in Hitotsubashi are listed as top 10% economists in its world economist rankings
Studying at Hitotsubashi University:
Hitotsubashi University has about 4,500 undergraduate and 2,100 postgraduate students with some 630 faculty members.
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- PhD Degree
Hitotsubashi University: Subjects
- Accounting & Finance
- Business & Management
- Economics & Econometrics
- Student Services
- Housing Services
- Library Services
- Medical Services
- Address: 2-1 Naka, Kunitachi, Tokyo 186-8601, Japan
- Phone: +81 42-580-8000
- Website: http://www.hit-u.ac.jp/eng
You can also join our facebook page kindly go through the given link: