Award Amount: $5,000
Number of Awards: Three (3)
Deadline: December 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. MT
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Win a $5,000 Scholarship! HomeAdvisor Inc. is inviting applications for the scholarship contest termed as “Skilled Labor Shortage Scholarship” for those students who can devise a creative solution to America’s skilled labor crisis. The scholarship is open to persons aged 18 years of age or older who are legal U.S. residents, and who have been accepted to, or are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at any college, university or trade school.
HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace that connects homeowners with prescreened, local service professionals to complete home improvement, maintenance and remodeling projects. HomeAdvisor, launched as ServiceMagic, was founded in 1998 by Rodney Rice and Michael Beaudoin who were part of the founding management team of Einstein Bros Bagels.
To be eligible, the student must possess
- High school seniors who’ve been accepted to a college or trade school
- Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited college, university or trade school in the United States
- Contest is open to persons aged 18 years of age or older who are legal U.S. residents
Instructions for Applying:
To enter the Contest, entrants must submit an essay of at least 1,000 words, but no more than 2,000 words (“Essay”), on the following topic: Solving the trade labor shortage issue in the US (“Topic”). Essays must answer the following questions:
- What would be your strategy for solving the labor shortage?
- What would you do to encourage others to attend a trade school instead of a four-year college?
Applicant must submit essay to scholarship-at-homeadvisor.com.
Three HomeAdvisor Elite Pros will select to receive $5,000.
Detailed Information Link: