Award Amount: Scholarship covers basic expenses of tuition, fees, books, and on‐campus room and board
Number of Awards: One (1)
Deadline: August 1 – October 25
Horatio Alger Association pleased to announce “Horatio Alger Association Scholarships” funded through the generosity of the Association’s Members, Life Partners, and Friends of the Association. The program specifically assists high school students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives. The mission of the Association is giving financial support through the scholarship programs and services for young people who have a critical financial need and have faced severe adversities.
Since 1984, Horatio Alger Association Members and Friends have been funding need-based college scholarships to support deserving young people overcome their adversity and pursue their dreams through higher education. So far the Association has awarded more than $125 million to approximately 20,000 students.
You are encouraged to apply if you are
- Enrolled full-time as a high school senior in the United States, be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2018 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 and
- Be a United States citizen
Instructions for Applying:
To be applying please create an account through the given link: https://application.horatioalger.org/Security/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
The scholar will receive a scholarship or other funding that covers your basic expenses of tuition, fees, books, and on‐campus room and board.
Detailed Information Link:
If you do not find an answer to your question, please email scholarships-at-horatioalger.org or call toll‐free at (844) HAA‐4200, Monday‐Friday, 9:00‐5:00 Eastern Time.