Award Amount: $76,000
Number of Awards: Three (3)
Deadline: December 31, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
Master the Mainframe Organization is pleased to announce the largest student mainframe competition.This unique, virtual contest is open globally to high school and college students to progressively teach mainframe skills in a real-world enterprise computing environment.The globe use this contest is to support to seek out potential candidates for mainframe career.
Master the Mainframe contest is a mainframe programming challenge that is organized annually by IBM Academic Initiative System Originally catered to students attending North American institutions of higher learning, the contest is currently running in separate countries across the globe.
To be eligible, anyone who is currently a student at the high school or university level can compete- no experience is necessary.
Instructions for Applying:
In order to register to Master the Mainframe, all candidates can submit through the given link is: https://angelhack.typeform.com/to/sZH57s
Master the Mainframe Organisation will provide:
First Prizes: Snag your Swag
- $25 USD Amazon/Alibaba Gift Card for 750 contestants, taken from the first 3000 accepted challenges (a 1 in 4 chance) that are 100% correct.
Second Prizes: Indulge Yourself
- $100 USD Mastercard/Visa Gift Cards for the first 200 challenges that are 100% correct.
Third Prizes: Show off Your Talent
- The top 2 individuals from EACH region (N. America, Latin America, S. Asia, APAC, MEA, and Europe) will win a $2750 travel stipend to visit the head office of IBM in their region and meet with key executives and recruiters on their project.
- Each winning individual will receive a “Master the Mainframe Global Winner” Hoodie.
- The top three individuals globally will receive an HTC Vive worth $799 USD.
Detailed Information Link: