The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is seeking applications for “ICFJ Knight Fellowship” to promote data-driven reporting techniques in Central and Eastern Europe. Applicants must have significant experience as a data journalist with a knack for finding a good story in data to eligible for this fellowship program. The fellowship will provide an allowance for expenses related to the fellowship and an honorarium.
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is at the forefront of the news revolution. Their programs empower journalists and engage citizens with new technologies and best practices. ICFJ’s networks of reporters and media entrepreneurs are transforming the field. They believe that better journalism leads to better lives.
Please see the basic entry requirements below:
- Significant experience as a data journalist with a knack for finding a good story in data
- A track record of demonstrating and training others with a limited skill set to learn data acquisition, cleaning, analysis, and visualization techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills to forge collaborations with newsrooms
- Proven skills in leading digital and data-journalism teams in newsrooms and several concurrent news projects
- Experience in the use of secure communication tools for collaborative work
- Experience and ability to travel extensively within the target region, which may include the Baltics, Balkans, and the Caucasus. (The Fellow will be based either in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina or other member center hub that will be convenient for travel in the region.)
- Experience measuring results, such as the impact of content, adoption of technology and audience engagement
- Ability to communicate results through writing and public speaking
- Fluency in English and also have knowledge of Russian, BCS or other regional languages is a plus.
Instructions for Applying:
Online applications for the fellowship must be completed by the given link:
The scholarship recipient’s school must provide:
- Applications, CVs, and resumes should be in English.
- Relevant work samples or supporting material for project proposals may be in the applicant’s native language.
- Each Fellow receives an allowance for expenses related to the Fellowship, and an honorarium. Fellows also receive emergency coverage if they are working outside their home country.
- Fellows receive three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Deadline: The application deadline is January 31, 2018.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any question you can ask directly to Luisa Pires Luciano at lpiresluciano-at-icfj.org.