Award Amount: Up to $2000 each with the chance to win an additional $1000 for Best Research Summary
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: Monday, November 13, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Institute of International Studies (IIS) at UC Berkeley is excited to announce the Undergraduate Merit Scholarship, that will support undergraduate research in any area of international studies.The scholarship program is open to any UC Berkeley junior or senior with a minimum 3.5 GPA who has completed at least one semester of study in residence at Berkeley.In order to apply, The candidates must submit a one-page research proposal.
The Institute of International Studies (IIS) at the University of California, Berkeley is a multidisciplinary organized research unit (ORU). The Institute’s mission is to support research among faculty, graduate students, and undergraduates that engages issues of global concern.
Eligibility is given below:
- This scholarship program is applicable to any UC Berkeley junior or senior.
- The applicants must a minimum 3.5 GPA who has completed at least one semester of study in residence at Berkeley.
- All majors are eligible and are encouraged to apply.
Instructions for Applying:
You can apply online for the given scholarship through the given link: https://iis.berkeley.edu/UndergraduateMeritScholarshipApplication
The applicants will submit a one-page research proposal, that is based on the research question, that is given below:
- Why it is important to the field of study
- Qualification to conduct the research (i.e. related past or planned coursework, languages, etc.).
- A preliminary research plan (including the format for research, i.e. during EAP, as an independent study, etc.).
- In addition, applications must include an unofficial transcript and one letter of recommendation, which can come from a GSI or faculty member.
You will e-mail the recommendation letter and Proposal directly send at iis.grants-at-berkeley.edu.
Merit scholarships will be up to $2000 each with the chance to win an additional $1000 for Best Research Summary.
Detailed Information Link: