Award Amount: Full in-state tuition
Number of Awards: 10
Deadline: December 15, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Indiana State University (ISU) is glad to announce “Rural Health Scholarship” for students from rural Indiana. First-year students from rural Indiana who intend to pursue a career as a primary care physician in his/her hometown or a similar rural community are invited to apply. The scholarship program is specifically designed to prepare students from rural Indiana to return to their hometowns or similar towns as primary care physicians.
Indiana State University (ISU) is a public university located in Terre Haute, Indiana, United States. It was founded in 1865 and offers over 100 undergraduate majors and more than 75 graduate and professional programs. Indiana State is classified by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education as a Doctoral/Research University.
You are encouraged to apply if you are
- The B/MD Rural Health Scholarships are offered to an elite group of first-year students from rural Indiana who intends to pursue a career as a primary care physician in his/her hometown or a similar rural community.
To retain this scholarship, the student must:
- Enroll as a full-time student each semester (minimum of 12 credits) and successfully complete a minimum of 30 credit hours each academic year. This will enable the student to successfully progress toward graduation within four years.
- Be in good standing (academic and conduct ) and maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.5 as measured at the end of each academic year for the duration of eligibility. Accepting the scholarship authorizes this office to request confirmation of good conduct standing from the Office of Student Conduct and Integrity.
- Work in earnest toward admission to medical school and enroll in courses each semester consistent with that goal.
- Students must attend monthly Rural Health student meetings.
- Students must attend Mini-Medical School in the first year.
- Students must take a minimum of one practice MCAT exam per year.
- Students will participate in various service activities and attend lectures and events related to the health professions.
- Students must participate in MCAT review sessions.
- Student will complete the University Honors Program.
Instructions for Applying:
Interested applicants must sign in themselves by the given link to apply for the scholarship: https://indstate.academicworks.com/users/sign_in
The scholarship program provides full in-state tuition for the winning candidates.
Detailed Information Link: