Award Amount: $50,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: November 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: February 1, 2018
The International Studies Association invites applications from junior scholars for the James N. Rosenau Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. Scholars in the social sciences and humanities who have received their Ph.D. within the past two years can apply for the competition. An ISA committee will evaluate applicants based on the quality of the research proposal (intellectual merit and substantive importance of the topic), the potential for making significant scholarly contributions, and the promise of impact on the field.
The International Studies Association is one of the oldest interdisciplinary associations dedicated to understanding international, transnational and global affairs. Founded in 1959, its more than 7,000 members span the globe – comprising academics, practitioners, policy experts, private sector workers and independent researchers, among others.
This competition program is applicable for:
- The competition is open to scholars in the social sciences and humanities who have received their Ph.D. within the past two years.
- Who will have received it prior to the commencement of the fellowship position; that is, between July 1, 2016, and July 1, 2018.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit the following information as part of their package:
- A cover letter that includes the applicant’s academic field, research topic, and relevance to International Studies
- A five-page (double-spaced, one-inch margins) research proposal, not to exceed 1500 words, including reference.
- A current curriculum vitae
- Evidence of final degree (e.g., official graduate transcript with degree conferral date, notarized photocopy of degree, official letter from Registrar’s office attesting to issuance of final degree)
- Official graduate transcript or the equivalent (Official graduate transcripts should be scanned and emailed to postdoc-at-isanet.org)
- Two confidential letters of recommendation (one of which must be written by the dissertation committee chair, the primary dissertation advisor, the academic advisor or equivalent. The dissertation chair/advisor’s recommendation letter should verify that the applicant will have completed all degree requirements no later than July 1, 2018.)
All application materials must be submitted electronically to postdoc-at-isanet.org
- The fellowship will provide the 12-month stipend is $50,000 to the winning applicants.
- The successful applicant will spend 3/4thtime (30 hours per week) pursuing their research project, and 1/4th time (10 hours per week) conducting research (remotely) on behalf of ISA.
Detailed Information Link: