Award Amount: $5,000 fund and other benefits
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: December 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Jefferson Scholars Foundation is offering a scholarship termed as “Jefferson Fellowship”. Any graduate student in an Arts & Sciences department who has advanced to doctoral candidacy during the current academic year, or who has a faculty-endorsed plan for achieving candidacy can apply. The mission of the foundation is to attract to the University the most promising leaders, scholars, and citizens in the world.
The Jefferson Scholars Foundation provides a full scholarship program benefiting select undergraduate and graduate students at The University of Virginia and has been named as one of the two leading scholarship programs in the country
To be eligible, the student must possess
- The strongest applicants will be those who have exhibited a capacity for the highest levels of scholastic achievement.
- Applicants who are prepared to pursue ambitious dissertation projects that have the potential to transform their disciplines.
- Successful applicants will also demonstrate a commitment to sharing their knowledge discovery with a broader audience through achievements in teaching and academic outreach.
- Any graduate student in an Arts & Sciences department who has advanced to doctoral candidacy during the current academic year, or who has a faculty-endorsed plan for achieving candidacy prior to the Fellowship period.
Instructions for Applying:
The application must apply for the scholarship by the given link: https://jeffersonscholars.virginia.edu/Public/Fellowship?school=gsas
- A stipend in the amount equivalent to the recipient’s standard living support from GSAS (for two years)
- Research funds of $5,000
- Exemption from all assistantship responsibilities (i.e., GTA or GRA), typically during years four and five of study
- Health insurance
Detailed Information Link: