Award Amount: Award range $2,000 to $10,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: December 6, 2017, 5 p.m. PST
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Kaiser Permanente (KP) invites applications for “The Kaiser Permanente Health Care Career Scholarship Program”. High school seniors who are graduating in spring 2018, students who plan to enroll in their third year of full-time undergraduate study in fall 2018 at a U.S. accredited college or university in continued pursuit of a human healthcare career. Scholarship Program aims to empower healthier communities by helping students in Oregon and Southwest Washington achieve their dreams of going to college and becoming health care professionals.
Kaiser Permanente (KP) is an integrated managed care consortium, based in Oakland, California, United States, founded in 1945 by industrialist Henry J. Kaiser and physician Sidney Garfield. Kaiser Permanente is made up of three distinct but interdependent groups of entities: the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
High school seniors who are graduating in spring 2018 and:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (weighted).
- Are planning to pursue an education and career in an approved human healthcare field.
- Reside in the Kaiser Permanente Northwest service area and attend an eligible high school.
- Plan to enroll at a U.S. accredited college or university as a full-time, degree or certificate-seeking the first-year student in fall 2018. (Note: Scholarships are not payable to for-profit institutions.)
College sophomores who previously received the Kaiser Permanente Health Care Career Scholarship as high school seniors in 2016 and:
- Are currently enrolled full-time in college pursuing a course of study leading to an approved human healthcare career(can be pre-health coursework or enrollment in a health professions program).
- Have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Plan to enroll in their third year of full-time undergraduate study in fall 2018 at a U.S. accredited college or university in continued pursuit of a human healthcare career. (Note: Scholarships are not payable to for-profit institutions.)
Instructions for Applying:
The application must be completed by the given link: https://kaiser-scholarship.fluidreview.com/
- The majority of scholarships are awards of $2,000 distributed in fall of the first year of college.
- Up to approximately 25% of the scholarships offered to high school seniors are for $5,000 or $10,000. The $5,000 and $10,000 scholarships are awarded to the most qualified applicants from across all eligible high schools. These higher level awards are split into two equal payments distributed in fall of the first and second years of college.
- All scholarships awarded to college sophomores (to be applied toward fall of their third year of college) are for $2,000.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have questions, please contact the Program Manager at 503-813-3992 or kpnw-scholarships-at-kp.org.