Kansai Gaidai University almost always abbreviated Kansai Gaidai, is located in Hirakata, Osaka, Japan. It is a private university focusing on foreign language studies. Kansai is the proper name of the large region where it is located, which includes the cities of Kyoto, Osaka, and Kobe. Gaidai is a contraction of Gaikokugo Daigaku, which literally means “foreign language university”. Gaidai is part of Kansai Science City, which is undergoing construction around the campus.
- Tanimoto English School, the forerunner of Kansai Gaidai University, was established in 1945.
- The original Katahoko campus was founded in 1966 as a University of Foreign Studies.
- In 1972, the Asian Studies Program was formally established.
Facts and Rankings
- KGU ranked first in Japan in the number of students who earned 16 credits or more from overseas affiliated institutions under university-sponsored programs.
- KGU has an enrollment of 12,980 students—4,283 male and 8,697 female students—as of May 2017.
- School of International Professional Development, College of International Professional Development: The School of International Professional Development utilizes an advanced curriculum that combines English with social sciences and is designed to allow students to become international leaders of the future.
- School of English Language and Communication, College of Foreign Studies: Opening up endless possibilities that come with language studies.
- School of Spanish Language and Communication, College of Foreign Studies: Connecting career design with the endless possibilities that come with language studies.
- School of Global Communication and Language, College of Global Communication and Language: (English + Chinese) x Studying Abroad = Development into Professionals Who Are Capable of Succeeding Throughout the World
- School of International Language and Communications, College of International Language and Communications: Go Around the World With Strong English Skills and Proficiency In Other Foreign Languages!
- Division of English and American Studies, Kansai Gaidai College: The First Step towards Businesses, Airline Companies, Transfers into University, And the Next Stage of Your Life.
Study Abroad Programs
- Three-year degree-seeking program
- Two-year degree-seeking program
- Two-year two-country study abroad program
- One year reciprocal exchange
- Esl + undergraduate study program
- Credit transfer program
- Intensive language study programs
- Internships in Japanese language teaching
More information about the Kansai Gaidai University
- Address: 16-1 Nakamiya Higashinocho, Hirakata, Osaka Prefecture 573-1195, Japan
- Phone: +81 72-805-2801
- Acceptance Rate: 31.9% (2015)
- Website: http://www.kansaigaidai.ac.jp/
You can also join our facebook page kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/