Award Amount: US$1,500
Number of Awards: Two (2)
Deadline: November 3, 2017
Winner Announcement: February 2, 2018
Kelly Services, Inc. is pleased to offer a scholarship program termed as “Kelly Future Engineers Scholarship Program”. Full-time student at the time of application submittal, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or Canada during the 2017 calendar year are eligible to apply. The scholarship is designed to encourage the United States and Canadian student interest in engineering and to build awareness of engineering as a career path with unlimited potential.
Kelly Services, Inc. is an American office staffing and workforce solutions company that operates globally. The company places employees at all levels in various sectors including the financial services, information technology, and law industries.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Be a full-time student at the time of application submittal, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or Canada during the 2017 calendar year, and be enrolled in the College/School of Engineering. Scholarships will not be awarded to 1 st year undergraduate students or those 4th year undergraduate students who will be graduating on or before June 2017.
- Have a college cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0scale (or 3.5 on a 4.5 scales, and so forth).
- Be a United States or Canadian citizen, a resident alien/landed immigrant, if on a student visa be in good legal standing with their university, or in the case of candidates from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Mariana Islands, a United States national.
Instructions for Applying:
Background form can be downloaded by the given link:
Submit the following information as part of their package:
- In order to be eligible for the scholarship applicants must write an essay. The essay must be between 800 and 1200 words, typed and submitted electronically, written by the student and in answer to the specific question posed by Kelly Services.
- Candidate Background Information Form, which affirms the candidates wish to be considered for the scholarship; provides biographical information about the candidate’s background, interests, and plans; and provides a statement that describes the candidate’s intent to enter an appropriate career in engineering and specifies how the student’s educational plans will provide preparation for that career.
- Two Independent Evaluations of the candidate. The candidate must secure letters of recommendation from either two field-related faculty members from a college or university attended, or one faculty member and one individual who has supervised his or her work in a field-related facility.
- An official college or university transcript from the student’s current institution and any other institutions that have been attended.
All completed applications as PDF attachment must be sent to KERscholar-at-kellyservices.com.
Two winning applicants will receive $1,500 each.
Detailed Information Link: