Award Amount: Not known
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: October 6, 2017, for fall
Winner Announcement: Not known
If you have obtained an internship and wish to receive accounting academic credit, here the College of Business Administration at Kent State University is pleased to offer the Accounting Internship Programtojunior and senior declared accounting majors. To eligible, masters of accounting students must have completed ACCT 33012 and 33010 (or equivalent) and undergraduate accounting majors must have completed ACCT 23020 and ACCT 23021 (or equivalent), and have enrolled in at least one other accounting course.
The College of Business Administration at Kent State University’s mission is to create knowledge and educate undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students.They provide opportunities to learn and develop skills, applying knowledge to business problems through traditional and experiential learning. The Career Services Office in the College provides services and resources to assist students and alumni in their career development process.
The Accounting Internship Program is open to:
- Junior and Senior declared accounting majors and Masters of Accounting students
- Students with an overall GPA of 3.0 and a 3.0 in all ACCT courses. The 3.0 GPA in all ACCT courses includes all attempts and ACCT 23020 and 23021 (the GPA requirements are measured at the end of the semester PRIOR to the start of your internship)
- Undergraduate accounting majors must have completed ACCT 23020 and ACCT 23021 (or equivalent), and have enrolled in at least one other accounting course
- Masters of Accounting students must have completed ACCT 33012 and 33010 (or equivalent)
Instructions for Applying:
If you are a student looking to apply for an internship for credit, fill out the online internship application through the given link: https://cobamarketing.wufoo.com/forms/m1de0dcw16cjol4/
- Prospective Internship Supervisors Formhttps://www.kent.edu/business/coba-prospective-internship-supervisor-form
- Upload a copy of your GPS https://www.kent.edu/business/obtaining-copy-your-gps-pdf
- You should be prepared to provide the following information:
- A job description, including specific projects you will be working on during the internship
- Planned start and end dates of the internship., the number of hours per week, salary and reporting relationships
- How the internship is expected to enhance your career goal
- Academic Credit:
- You may take the internship for credit. It is worth 3 academic credits (grade base is S/U).
- Students are required to register for ACCT 43092 (undergraduate) or ACCT 63092 (graduate) if they want to receive academic credit (after approval is received to register for the course).
- Only one internship experience is allowed for academic credit in each degree program.
- All Academic Credit Internship:
- Must be at least 300 hours
- Assignments performed are accounting related
- Typically, your current full-time or part-time position with an employer does not qualify for accounting academic credit. However, if you current employer is willing to let you perform different accounting related duties/responsibilities, then it can be considered for accounting academic credit
- The majority of the internships are in the spring semester; however, there are some that are in the summer and also the fall semester
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any question, contact to John Rose Internship Coordinator Accounting Department at jmrose4-at-kent.edu or 330-672-1108.