Award Amount: $14,280
Number of Awards: Three (3)
Deadline: January 1, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Kentucky Coal County College Completion Scholarship provides financial assistance for residents of Kentucky’s coal‐producing counties through “Kentucky Coal County College Completion Scholarship”. Student who are enrolled at least half‐time in a bachelor’s degree program and earned at least sixty (60) credit hours toward completion of their first bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
The Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) is a public corporation and governmental agency and instrumentality of the Commonwealth established in 1966 to improve students’ access to higher education. To that end, KHEAA administers several financial aid programs and disseminates information about higher education opportunities.
To be eligible, the student must possess
- Be U.S. citizen
- Be permanent residents of a Kentucky coal‐producing county
- Have earned at least sixty (60) credit hours toward completion of their first bachelor’s degree
- Be enrolled at least half‐time in a bachelor’s degree program
- Be in good academic standing
- Have no past due financial obligations to KHEAA
Instructions for Applying:
Interested applicants must complete the FASFA applications through the given link:
- Up to $7,770 per year at nonprofit, independent institution located in a coal-producing county;
- Up to $2,630 per year at public university extension campus located in a coal‐producing county;
- Up to $3,880 per year at public or nonprofit, independent institution whose main campus is in Kentucky, but not in a coal‐producing county.
Detailed Information Link: