Synergy Services, Inc. is now offering the Kindest Kansas Citiain Essay Contest that gives an opportunity for students to reflect on the importance of kindness. The contest is open to students from kindergarten through 12th grade. Each winner will receive a minimum of a $200 gift card to a major retail store.
Synergy Services, Inc. began in 1970 as Synergy House, the only shelter for runaway and homeless youth in western Missouri. Through the years, a series of both serendipitous and strategic mergers expanded the organization’s reach to include young children and women victimized by abuse.
- Award Amount: A $200 gift card to a major retail store
- Deadline: February 2, 2018, 5 pm on Friday
- Winner Announcement: Not Known
This scholarship program is applicable for:
- Eligible submissions must be in grades equivalent to 6th-12th, for the 2017-2018 school year.
- A video team can be comprised of students representing a school organization, a group of friends, etc.
- Teams participating through student support organizations, including private, parochial, and/or home schools are also eligible.
Instructions for Applying:
Application form of the contest program can be downloaded by the given link:
All applications and material should be addressed to
Synergy Services – KKC
400 E. 6th Street
Parkville Missouri, 64152
In order to apply applicants need to make a video and your video must be 30 to 90 seconds in length.
- Videos must be QuickTime/MOV, WMV, MPEG or AVI and submitted via YouTube.
- Be creative, your video can be any of the following and more: a poem, short documentary, interviews with the people they have impacted, a song, a play, etc.
- Use appropriate language, actions, and attire during the video. Avoid profane language, violence, sex or personal attacks on people or organizations.
- Videos must comply with copyright rules and regulations. Sources of information and materials used (i.e. music) must be properly acknowledged and credited in the video.
- Your video may not contain any endorsement, solicitation, commercial, or similar content advocating for or against candidates for office, political issues, or commercial products.
- Your video must be original content for this contest. Do not submit a video that has been submitted elsewhere.
- Obtain release forms for all of the people featured in your video. Examples of release forms are available through your school and Synergy Services.
- Videos that are submitted without an entry form will not be judged.
- One winner will be drawn for each of the two (2) groups below. Each winner will receive a minimum of a $200 gift card to a major retail store.
- If your video is selected as one of the top 20 submissions, three members of your team will be invited to attend the awards dinner at no cost.
Detailed Information Link:
Have any query regarding this contest you can e-mail kbromley-at-synergyservices.org or call 816.505.4936