Award Amount: $1,500
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: Oct. 29, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Kiva Organization is pleased to offer a fellowship program named as “Kiva fellowships”. Kiva fellows must be 21 years of age by the start of training week and be able to legally travel to the U.S. for the week-long training program. All fellows play a critical role in supporting operations and monitoring Kiva’s Field Partners, including meeting with borrowers, documenting Kiva processes, conducting training, and working with field staff to improve efficiency.
Kiva Microfunds is a 501 non-profit organization that allows people to lend money via the Internet to low-income entrepreneurs and students in over 80 countries. Kiva’s mission is “to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty.
In order to be eligible for the Fellowship, applicants:
- Must be 21 years of age by the start of the training week.
- Must be able to legally travel to the U.S. for the week-long training program.
- You’ll need a laptop to use during training week and your time in the field.
- You must be fluent in English.
Instructions for Applying:
Interested applicants can go through the given link t apply for the fellowship: https://www.kiva.org/work-with-us/fellows#apply
- Kiva provides modest reimbursements for travel and living expenses, these are not likely to cover all of the costs associated with the fellowship.
- The Kiva Fellows Program has a small budget to help offset costs by reimbursing fellows for international travel (up to $1,500 total – receipts required) and monthly living expenses (up to $2,500 total for a 6-month fellowship, or around $400/month, disbursed monthly and based on a standardized per diem rate – no receipts required).
Detailed Information Link:
Have any question you can contact at contactus-at-kiva.org.