Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Salary Range: Not Known
Consideration Date: Ongoing
Kiva is searching thoughtful person to join Technical Operations team as their Site Reliability Engineer. In this position, you will share responsibility for maintaining the uptime and dependability that help improve the lives of people around the world. You will also enable the greater engineering team to be more agile and responsive with tools for quick iteration and testing using the latest and greatest technologies.
Kiva Micro Funds are a 501 non-profit organization that allows people to lend money via the Internet to low-income entrepreneurs and students in over 80 countries. Kiva’s mission is “to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty.” Since 2005, Kiva has crowd-funded more than a million loans, totaling over $1 billion, with a repayment rate of between 98 and 99 percent.
This job position is applicable for:
- Empathy, awareness, and thoughtfulness.
- 5+ years working with Linux systems in a production environment.
- History designing and managing systems in Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc.)
- Proficiency in at least one scripting or programming language.
- Designing, implementing and managing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience designing secure, redundant TCP/IP networks.
- Skilled at managing and monitoring MySQL systems.
- Deep knowledge of, experience with, and commitment to, security on all levels.
- A passion for documentation both for team use and for end-users; you should be able to create clear, concise, complete documentation. Strong English language skills are required.
Preferred Additional Skills and Experience:
- A sense of humor.
- Container related technologies like Docker.
- Network monitoring expertise, collecting data from systems, creating appropriate alert criteria, and using both open source and proprietary tools for measuring, monitoring, and improving system performance.
- Experience with Cisco hardware/networking.
- Puppet and other automation and orchestration tools.
How to Apply:
Applicants can go through the given to apply for the job position: