Award Amount: $7,000
Number of Awards: 2
Deadline: October 3rd, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Lawrence Bar Association is pleased to announce its Lawrence Bar Association Scholarships Awards. The scholarship program is open to law students who are currently attending law school in the United States and demonstrate a clear desire to further the aims of the legal profession. Through the program, the association provides scholarship award for local students to help defray the costs of attending law school.
Operating for more than 100 years, the Lawrence Bar Association has been recognized as one of the most active bar associations in Massachusetts. The LBA provides its members with six major events each year, plus regular continuing legal education opportunities, an attorney mentor program, scholarships to area students, awards to community leaders, and other benefits.
- Applicants must be currently attending law school in the United States
- Applicants must demonstrate a clear desire to further the aims of the legal profession, and
- Applicants must primary residence is within the Greater Lawrence cities and towns (Lawrence, Andover, North Andover, and Methuen)
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant can download the application either pdf or word format through the given links:
- Pdf Format http://www.lawrencebar.org/s/LBA-Scholarship-Application-2017-1.pdf
- Word Format http://www.lawrencebar.org/s/LBA-Scholarship-Application-2017.docx
Send your completed application, along with the following:
- Your resume: submit an updated version of your resume with your completed application.
- Essay: In 700 or fewer words, please describe how the Greater Lawrence community (Lawrence, Methuen, Andover, North Andover, etc.) has shaped your personal and professional goals, and how you intend to further those goals if you are awarded this scholarship.
- Proof of enrollment in a law school for the fall of 2017
The applicant must send your complete application with all supporting materials direct to:
Joanna Rodriguez, Esq.
Law Office of Joanna Rodriguez, P.C
4 High Street, Suite 202
North Andover, MA 01845
Phone: (978) 683-0508
Fax: (978) 683-0506
- There are two scholarships available: (1) $4,500 provided by the Sargent Battershill Fund and, (2) $2,500 provided by the Lawrence Bar Association Educational Trust.
- All applicants will be considered for both awards and the winners will be selected on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis, regardless of applicant’s race, creed, color, sexual orientation, religion, disability or sex.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions, direct all inquiries to phone: (978) 683-0508, Fax: (978) 683-0506 or e-mail: attorneyjoannarodriguez-at-gmail.com