Lingnan University (LU) is the only liberal arts university in the territory and has the longest established tradition among all local institutions of higher education. Lingnan University formerly called Lingnan College is the only public liberal arts university in Hong Kong. Its history dates back to 1888 when its forerunner, the prestigious Lingnan University in Guangzhou, was founded. The University seeks to provide its students with quality education distinguished by the best liberal arts tradition from both East and West.
In addition to honors Bachelor’s degree programmes, the University also offers Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes in Chinese, Cultural Studies, English, History, Philosophy, Translation, Visual Studies, Business, Economics and Social Sciences. Both the MPhil and Ph.D. programmes lead to in-depth study in specific research areas. Full-time MPhil/Ph.D. students will normally be awarded studentships.
Lingnan University is committed to
- Providing quality whole-person education by combining the best of Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions
- Nurturing students to achieve all-around excellence and imbuing them with its core values; and
- Encouraging faculty and students to contribute to society through original research and knowledge transfer.
To excel as a leading Asian liberal arts university with international recognition, distinguished by outstanding teaching, learning, scholarship and community engagement.
Research and Development
- At Lingnan, research and teaching are seen as interactive, one all-around the other field of endeavor.
- This synergy between teaching and research is particularly relevant to Lingnan, as our teaching exhibits a strong empirical orientation.
- As a liberal arts university, Lingnan is fully committed not only to quality teaching but also to excellence in research.
- Lingnan proved its world-class research capabilities in the Research Assessment Exercise 2014 conducted by the University Grants Committee.
- It had among its cost centers a percentage as high as 15% of its output rated as 4-star (“world-leading”) which compared well with the sector-wide attainment.
Facilities and Resources
- The University campus is located approximately 2 kilometers north of Tuen Mun Town Centre. It has a total area of about 11 hectares and consists of the main campus and an adjacent secondary campus housing the University’s teaching/support facilities and Outdoor Sports Ground.
- The teaching facilities include lecture theatres, lecture rooms, audio-visual rooms, tutorial rooms, computer laboratories and language laboratories. The University’s Sports Complex provides indoor air-conditioned facilities and outdoor sports facilities.
- The University endeavours to provide research postgraduate students with financial assistance to enable them to devote their full efforts to their studies and to facilitate their research and professional development.
- Postgraduate Studentships (PGSs) are awarded to full-time students to support their daily subsistence, tuition fees and other expenses that may arise during the course of their studies.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
- With generous support of our donors, there are a number of scholarships and financial aid available to eligible SEP participants.
- Application for scholarships and financial aid opens at a specific period from March to April every academic year.
- Scholarships are awarded to selected students with outstanding academic performance, high language proficiency, active participation in extra-curricular activities and community services.
- Need-based financial aid is established to provide financial assistance to needy students.
- Address: 8 Castle Peak Rd, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852 2616 8888
- Website: http://www.ln.edu.hk/
You can also join our facebook page for the latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/