Award Amount: Up to $8,000
Number of Awards: 25
Deadline: November 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
“Education raises you up and makes you believe that you can be a leader,” said by James J. Maguire, President& Founder of the Maguire Foundation. The Pennsylvania Society and the Maguire Foundation are excited to launch The Pennsylvania Society Scholarship Program that is administered by Scholarship America. The program is open to assist Pennsylvania high school seniors who plan to enroll in the full-time undergraduate study at an accredited, non-proprietary four-year college or university which must be located within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the entire 2018-2019 academic year. The purpose of the program is providing the opportunity to students who are financially in need creates a great potential leader in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Maguire Foundation was established October 2, 2000, by James J. Maguire, President.It is a non-profit organization registered with the Pennsylvania Department of State. The Foundation is committed to improving the quality of life for people through investing in education, arts & humanities, and relief of hunger & homelessness.
To apply, a student must:
- Be a current high school senior at any Pennsylvania high school (including homeschooled)
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent
- Be planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited, nonproprietary, four-year college or university in Pennsylvania for the entire 2016-2017 academic year
- Have demonstrated financial need (a family adjusted gross income of $60,000 or less).
- Have been and continue to be an active participant in community service
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant must submit online application by upload the require material through the given link: https://scholarsapply.org/pennsylvaniasociety/
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents
- A current, complete transcript of grades- Grade reports are not accepted, unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form (click to view and print the form): https://scholarsapply.org/uploads/maguire/AA.pdf
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an annual award of up to $8,000. Up to 25 awards will be granted in 2018.
- Awards can be used for tuition, fees, supplies, books, and room and board, but cannot exceed comprehensive school cost as reported by the College Board.
- Awards are renewable (at the same amount) up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions, ask for The Pennsylvania Society Scholarship Program with the Maguire Foundation at pennsylvaniasociety-at-scholarshipamerica.org or call: 1-507-931-1682