Award Amount: Total Amount $50,000
Number of Awards: Five (5)
Deadline: November 13, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
If you are interested and wish to make a career out of, working in the labor movement and your answer is yes, hence you have a chance to apply for “Michael Weiner Scholarship”. To be applying Individuals must be graduate or law students enrolled in an accredited educational institution in the United States or Canada. The scholarship seeks to recognize and support the efforts of individuals dedicated to improving the lives of workers.
The Major League Baseball Players Association (or MLBPA) is the collective bargaining representative for all current Major League Baseball players. All players, managers, coaches, and trainers who hold or have held a signed contract with a Major League club are eligible for membership in the Association.
The list eligibility criteria are given below:
- Must have a demonstrated interest in, and wish to make a career out of, working in the labor movement and on behalf of workers’ rights.
- Individuals must be graduate or law students enrolled in an accredited educational institution in the United States or Canada.
- Preference will be given to those who can demonstrate financial need through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- A strong recommendation from an academic or a labor/workers’ rights practitioner.
- A superior academic record.
- Demonstrated commitment to the labor movement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Instructions for Applying:
You must fill and submit the application form of the scholarship by the given link:
The scholarship recipient’s school must provide:
- At least one letter of recommendation from academic or labor/workers’ rights practitioners
- A one-page resume
- A writing sample of previous work that demonstrates a commitment to the union movement
- A detailed statement that demonstrates, through FAFSA scores or otherwise, financial need
Five students selected as a Michael Weiner Scholarship for Labor Studies will receive a $10,000 scholarship.
Detailed Information Link: