Title: Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles Internship
Salary Range: Unpaid
Consideration Date: December 1st
Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles gives of their time and talents to help bring hope, strength, and joy to children with life-threatening medical conditions through their internship program. The internship program offers interns a substantive learning experience that affords them the opportunity to contribute to our work, and to provide the knowledge, skills, and tools they may need to continue in the nonprofit field. This project-based internship provides opportunities to work with highly qualified professionals and strengthen new skills.
Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that fulfills the wishes of children between the ages of 2½ and 18 who confront life-threatening medical conditions. Make-A-Wish serves a unique, and vital, role in helping strengthen and empower children battling life-threatening medical conditions.
Types of Internships:
- Marketing and Communications Intern: Interns will serve to expand existing wish story libraries, develop recommendations for increasing diversity across chapter communications, and learn more about the strategic communications of a nonprofit.
- Fundraising Intern: Interns will be responsible for assisting with communications and/or fundraising duties, program coordination, event planning, and office and field projects.
- Programs Services Intern: Interns will work on performing and assisting with projects to assist in the wish process. Interns may work in the following areas of our chapter: Volunteer Services, Wish Assists, or Medical Outreach.
In order to be applying all applicants must:
- Applicants should be reliable, flexible, and detail oriented as well as self-motivated.
- Applicants should possess strong written and communication skills as well as project management skills.
- Students studying in the following fields: Communications, Sociology, Public Relations, Professional Writing, Journalism, Business Administration, Marketing, Social Work/Public Health.
How to Apply:
Application form of the internship can be downloaded from the given link:
To apply for an internship position, you must submit the following:
- Cover Letter
The application form and all documents must be sent via email or fax at Email: internships-at-la.wish.org
Fax: 310-272-7777 (ATTN: Volunteer Services)
The internship is unpaid. However, academic credit can be provided for students applying for our internship program (depending on specific criteria/requirements of the student’s educational institution).