Award Amount: Varies
Number of Awards: 40 each year
Deadline: 5pm (in the time zone your endorsing institution is located) on October 2, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Marshall Aid Commemoration Commission (MACC) administers the British Marshall Scholarships, which finance young Americans of high ability to study for a graduate degree in the UK. The Scholarships are mainly funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. In order to apply, there is no age restriction but you must have graduated from your first undergraduate degree after April 2015.Marshall Scholarships are only available to full US citizens.
Founded by a 1953 Act of Parliament, and named in honors of US Secretary of State George C Marshall, the Scholarships commemorate the humane ideals of the Marshall Plan and they express the continuing gratitude of the British people to their American counterparts.
To be eligible for a 2018 Marshall Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be citizens of the United States of America (at the time they apply for a scholarship)
- (by the time they take up their scholarship ie September 2018) hold their first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States
- Have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 on their undergraduate degree. (Applicants must have a GPA of 3.7 at the time of application). We do not accept rounded GPA’s.
- Have graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2015.
- Not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University or GCSE or A-Levels taken at a school in the UK.
- The Marshall Commission seeks and recruits students from all backgrounds.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant must sign up for an online application through the given link: http://www.marshallscholarship.org/applications/apply
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Up to forty Scholars are selected each year to study at graduate level at a UK institution in any field of study.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions, contact to Marshall Aid Commemoration Commission by email to apps-at-marshallscholarship.org