Award Amount: $15,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: December 15, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The McGraw Center is pleased to offer “The McGraw Fellowship” for Business Journalism is to support in-depth, ambitious coverage of critical issues related to the global economy and business. The McGraw Center will fund scholarships for students at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism who concentrate in business reporting as well as provide stipends for those who undertake summer internships in business news. The Fellowship provides editorial and financial support to journalists who need the time and resources to produce a significant story or series that provides fresh insight into an important business or economic topic.
The Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Family Foundation was started in 2010 by Suzanne, Terry, and Bob McGraw to honor their father, the former chairman and chief executive of McGraw-Hill, the publishing and financial services company that owned BusinessWeek magazine for 80 years. Mr. McGraw died in 2010. The Foundation makes grants to institutions and causes important to him, including literacy projects, business journalism, education, hospitals, and libraries.
This fellowship program is applicable for:
- Fellowship is open to anyone with at least five years professional experience in journalism.
- Freelance journalists, as well as reporters and editors currently working at a news organization, may apply.
- Fellowship considers proposals with a strong U.S. angle from both foreign and American journalists, as long as the work is published in English in a U.S.-based media outlet.
Instructions for Applying:
If you are interested to apply for the fellowship, you can apply by the given link:
- Two references, including at least one from an editor who has worked with you.
- Make sure both come from people familiar enough with your work to be able to discuss your ability to carry out the proposed project.
- The Fellowships will provide experienced journalists with a stipend of $5,000 a month for up to three months, in exceptional cases; we’ll consider longer grants based upon specific proposals.
- Fellowship stipend cover travel and research expenses incurred in reporting the stories and to assist with the Fellows’ living expenses.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any query regarding fellowship, you may fill the contact form through the given link: