Award Amount: Total $19,600
Number of Awards: 7
Deadline: December 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The University of Arizona’s MS-GIST (Masters of Science in GIS Technology)Program is pleased to announce the “Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships” for the incoming class of 2018. The program is open to all incoming students who are going to apply for the graduate MS-GIST program. The scholarship is focused on students who upon graduation will help meet the needs of the State of Arizona’s information-based economy workforce and community engagement needs.
The Masters of Science in Geographic Information Systems Technology (MSGIST) is a 30 graduate credit hour program. The University of Arizona GIST program integrates GIScience, cutting-edge GISystems, and geospatial technology, with management skills for use in government, corporate, non-profit, and academic settings.
To eligible, the applicants must:
- The applicant must be incoming students
- The applicant must apply for the graduate MS-GIST program before applying for the scholarship.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant must send the Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships application packet.
- The University of Arizona must have officially accepted your application for the MS-GIST program before you may apply for the scholarship. Apply for the graduate MS-GIST program here: http://grad.arizona.edu/admissions/procedures/apply-now
The application packet consists of the following items:
- A cover letter stating why you are a good candidate for this scholarship.
- Two letters of recommendation that address your academic merit and/or work experience and/or community engagement experience that position you well to help fill the needs of Arizona in the future.
- A current resume.
Email your scholarship application packet to Arizona Community Needs Scholarships Coordinator, Dr. Chris Lukinbeal at chris.lukinbeal-at-arizona.edu
Total $19,600, Seven (7) competitive scholarships (each $2,800) will be awarded to incoming students based on merit as well as work history.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any question, contact Arizona Community Needs Scholarships Coordinator.